Areas of Expertise
Graphic Designer | Marketing Consultant
- Strategic marketing consulting including organizational communications strategy.
- Creation of campaign-driven digital and print marketing collateral.
- Basic website development and maintenance with a focus on member engagement.
- Engaged in longterm contracts with the Columbus Metropolitan Club and Warhol & Wall St.
- Worked with companies and organizations including the City of Columbus, RAMA Consulting, Gracious Leadership, Women for Economic Leadership Development (WELD), Dress for Success Columbus, the Network for Employer Traffic Safety (NETS), and more.
President & CEO | Marketing Consultant
Gong Gong was a creative marketing firm that specialized in experiences, events, and engagement. I scaled back operations in mid-2016 to pursue new options.
- Independent marketing consultant and grew the team to 5 full-time employees plus contractors. Increased revenue 1000% in first five years.
- Created Outcome-Centric™ marketing process that started all projects at the end - the outcomes - and worked forward.
- A part of the team which grew NAWBO Columbus Visionary Awards Gala’s attendance 142% in 2 years and turned it into a cash-positive event.
- Helped to establish and grow the Women’s Small Business Accelerator’s annual Starting the Conversation event from 150 attendees in 2013 to 300 attendees and over $25,000 funds raised in 2015.
- Taught more than 20 pro-bono workshops focusing on different aspects of marketing, social media, and branding, resulting in several new clients.
- Dozens of speaking engagements, including events hosted by the SBA, KeyBank, Columbus Business First, Ashland University, and more.
- Highlighted in The Daily Reporter: "From Columbus to Ghana and Back, Amanda Sage Discovers Her Entrepreneurial Bug", July 2013.
Owner | Principal Designer
New Albany, Ohio
- Business development and sales, including tradeshows.
- Managed and negotiated vendor and client relationships.
- Handled imports and customs for products imported from Ghana and India.
Head of Odumase-Krobo Cooperative | Marketing | Intern
- Opened office and volunteer house for non-profit Fair Trade cooperative in Odumase-Krobo at the age of 22.
- Established a community presence in the region by working with government officials and Manya Krobo traditional leaders.
- Recruited, trained, and managed more than 15 bead and jewelry makers.
- Represented Global Mamas at wholesale trade shows in the US.
Education and Professional Development
- Attended comprehensive training session for intercultural trainers and consultants, hosted by the Young SIETAR chapter of the Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research.
- Completed the 12-week sales training hosted by The Ruby Group.
- Obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Political Science and International Studies with an emphasis on Western European studies, Intelligence and Security, and Development.
- Wrote Op/Ed articles for The Lantern, Ohio State’s student newspaper. A particular article was so valued by the Fisher College of Business that I received a gift from then-dean Joseph A. Alutto and the piece was used as a recruitment tool for the school. Read articles...
Senior Seminar Advisor
- Serves as primary and secondary advisor for the senior capstone project of students at New Albany High School.
Board of Trustees | Head of Executive Business Management Committee
- Primarily responsible for the reopening of the FOL-run Library Store in June 2016. This two-year process included initial purchasing of more than $20,000 in inventory, recruitment and hiring of store manager, design of custom products, and budgeting and financial planning.
- Store generated gross revenue of more than $77,647 in the first 5 ½ months, exceeding the annual goal by 16% with half a month remaining in the year.
- Helped coordinate and market annual Big Book Sale which achieved sales of over $18,000 in 2016 (80% over goal and 200% over last sale).
- Oversaw staff of 1 full-time employee, 3 part-time employees, and a committee of trustees, as well as liaising with Columbus Metropolitan Library staff.
- Read Columbus Business First recognition...
Vice President of Communications | Communication Committee
- Website maintenance, including content, events, and membership, increasing sessions by 1144% and pageviews by 659% in three years.
- Handled on-going marketing and promotions including e-mail marketing, social media, marketing collateral, print ads, and PR, during chapters enormous growth of membership.
- Instrumental in planning the annual Visionary Awards Gala, including all marketing and creative, from 2013-2016.
- Recognized as Member of the Year in 2014. Watch NAWBO Columbus interview... Read Columbus Business First recognition...
- Spotlight Member by NAWBO National in May 2013 and recognized in an April 2013 Metropreneur article.
- Commendations from Secretary of State John Husted and Congresswoman Joyce Beaty for service.
- Designed and developed website and e-mail marketing program.
- Designed brand and marketing collateral.
- Trained volunteers and staff on social media, e-mail marketing, and website maintenance.